Bamberg's oldest, still functioning brewery. The tithe barn, whose steep roof shapes the cityscape along the water's edge, has been converted into a function room and is frequently rented by societies and travel groups. Beer has been brewed here since 1533, and the brewery has been owned by the Braun-Schröder family since 1851 and today produces a selection of beers that does justice to the brewery's tradition as the "Prince bishop's Braunbeer house". The list of beers is long. There is, of course, the traditional Braun beer, alongside a very dark "Schwärzla", a Gold Pils and Full beer, as well as a wheat beer (Brauns Weiße). The autumn sees the appearance of the strong seasonal Klosterbräu Bock beer which attracts large crowds to the opening day.